SmartLink Serial Communication
SmartLink™ serial communication networking technology provides digitized signals for Car Call and Hall Call signals.
SmartLink™ for Car Call signals provides simplified wiring, reduced installation time and elimination of heavy multi-strand traveling cables for MCE Intelligent Motion Control (IMC) systems.
- Reduces installation costs
- Adaptable to most fixtures
- Fewer traveling cable wires
- Car station pre-wiring available
- Emerging industry standard
At the heart of SmartLink™ for Car Call signals is LonWorks® networking technology from Echelon®. LonWorks integrates advanced communications and networking technologies using Echelon’s Neuron Chip—a semiconductor device specifically designed for providing intelligence and networking capabilities to low-cost control devices.
In a LonWorks network, intelligent control devices (nodes) communicate with each other using a common protocol. Each node in the network contains embedded intelligence that implements the protocol and performs control functions. Consistent with MCE’s non-proprietary philosophy, LonWorks technology has helped accelerate the trend away from proprietary network control schemes and centralized systems.
Thousands of companies have developed and installed LonWorks products, and more than 30 million LonWorks enabled processors have been shipped for use in homes, buildings, factories, trains, and other systems worldwide.
SmartLink™ for Hall Call fixtures combines electronics, node power and two-way communication on a single-twisted-pair—the MCE bus—which results in reduced wiring requirements, shortened installation time and simplified diagnostics.
- Two-wire solution (single twisted wire)—including power
- Automatic, self-test identifies location of most node or lamp failures
- Overall system performance is not affected by node failures
- Constant lamp intensity is ensured via power regulation at each node
- Fast, simplified integration with third-party fixtures
- Node boards can be hot-swapped
The basis of SmartLink™ Hall Call system is a unique node designed by MCE. Each system will handle up to 98 floors with 10 sub-addresses per floor. MCE’s robust circuitry uses high voltage logic and a low frequency clock to provide EMI/RFI immunity, high ESD protection and minimal radio frequency radiation.
back to top